CIVILISATION OF GOODNESS
Goodness has become elevated and gained representation in the hands of people with strong personalities and good character.
As long as goodness is represented by people with strong character and personalities, an exceptional civilisation will arise; a culture of morals, humanity, knowledge, architecture, literature and cohesion.
Islamic civilisation has gifted humanity with significant memories which will not become a thing of the past. These memories brought comfort to crestfallen souls and solace to people who are tired and sick at heart.
INTERNATIONAL BENEVOLENCE AWARDS
Living for benevolence is a way of life and we believe that benevolence can change the world.
The International Benevolence Awards Program has been established and takes place every 13th of March, in order to reward the pioneers of benevolence from within turkey and around the world, with regard to the fact that goodness grows as it is shared and that making known, explaining and relaying even one act of kindness can encourage many others to take part in kind acts.
GOODNESS WILL CHANGE THE WORLD
We aim to make the International Benevolence Awards which are awarded annually, a ceremony the whole word eagerly anticipates and an esteemed reward for those who devote themselves to goodness.
– To raise awareness in order to revive and rebuild the Islamic civilisation of foundations, harmonising it with modern facilities and dynamics
– To establish a bond of goodness between people, societies and countries
– To share with the public instances of goodness performed by people whose names and stories we have never before heard, who come from Turkey and the most remote corners of the earth
– To support spreading goodness by taking measures ahead of time so that future generations can live in peace and safety
– To lead to goodness by raising awareness about stories of benevolence which everyone can do
– To introduce the activities and brand of the Turkiye Diyanet Foundation on a national and international level and ensure the foundation becomes one with the term “benevolence”
ANTICIPATED OUTCOMES OF THE PROJECT
Setting the national and international agenda by presenting the humanitarian aid activities Turkey runs as being caused by it being a civilisation of goodness
– To feature morally upright people with a strong willpower who act on the qualities forgiveness and compassion,
– To point out that we have a virtuous civilisation that responds to people’s wrongdoing with goodness rather than finding fault with them,
– To make people aware that knowledge, science and similar resources we have should be used for the benefit of mankind,
– To show the benefit of helping the troubled in their grief by empathizing with humanity, showing selflessness and generosity, and sharing blessings, delights and sorrows with the ones in need,
– To use all-encompassing sincere wording which will capture hearts,
– To ascertain that women are not just biological beings in Islam; rather, they are worthy of life-long appreciation, deep respect and love because upright women are figuratively the architects of society,
– To emphasize that all activities we realise should be done while protecting the environment, nature and creation,
– To underline how honourable it is to share what we own with people who are deprived by being affected by war, natural disasters and poverty,
– To point out that compassion is to offer to another who is deprived of the blessing we own by showing that providing liberating opportunities to orphans, the poor and the helpless – all suffering through a vicious circle of poverty – is a moral obligation, and by putting forth that wishing for the deprived what one wishes for himself is a primary need of humanity,
– To inform the public and to advertise works which direct people to benevolence to society by raising awareness on the subject through local and international NGOs.
TRUE STORIES OF BENEVOLENCE
– Life changing stories of Benevolence,
– Motivating and inspiring the community
– Bringing different cultures and languages together with goodness
– Protecting and encompassing all of creation for the sake of the Creator
will be awarded at this program.
FOUNDATIONS AND INSTITUTIONS WE SEEK STORIES OF BENEVOLENCE FROM
The Presidency of Religious Affairs and its branches
– The Presidency of Religious Affairs’ agencies abroad
– Our Foundation’s 2000 partner organizations, institutions and NGOs in 135 countries
– Internet and media searches
– Individuals who witness a story of benevolence
The story must be related to topics such as education, science, humanitarian aid, health or environment and must involve
– A true and genuine story,
– An original and authentic story,
– Sustainability or continuation of the act
– Being a source of hope for their own surroundings and for the world at large
– Contribute to humanity and the environment
ASSESSMENT COMMISSIONS AND JURY
Four different commissions will be formed to assess the stories of benevolence.
The assessment process for the benevolence awards is as follows:
– The study and gathering of stories;
– Passing the pre-elimination rounds
– Assessment of the notable stories among the eliminated ones
Presentation and jury assessment of the qualified stories